What is Traction?
Traction is a gentle or moderate force that is applied via manual or mechanical unit to the spine for the purpose of slightly separating the bones or vertebrae of the spine.
What we use at FITSIO+ is D-Trac.
FEATURES which makes D-Trac unique from normal Traction.
- Normal traction devices pulls with constant speed when pull reaches approx 18 kgs , body’s proprioceptor gets triggered and brain send signals to Para-spinal muscles to contract, so that it can oppose the pull, due to which, Para-spinal muscles go in guarding and instead of reducing he pressure on the disk , it increases the pressure on the disk.
- Whereas D-Trac’s proprietary pull pattern does not allow to trigger, proprioceptor threshold to get triggered.
- D-Trac pulls in steps and on each steps it holds for definite period of time , which helps Para-spinal muscles to get acquainted with new stretched level.
- D-Trac protocol will overcome the Para-spinal muscles guarding, which generates negative intradiscal pressure.
- 4 section table
- Electrical Hi-Lo table easy to transfer patient from wheelchair
- Capable of targeting specific vertebra with variable angle of pull
- Supine and prone traction.
- Table can be used for manipulation.
- Cervical traction can be given in sitting and in High or Low Semi fowlers
Conditions which we treat through D-Trac are as follows :
- Spinal nerve root impingement
- Herniated disc
- Ligament/ Osteophyte encroachment
- Narrowing of Intervertebral foramen
- Joint hypomobility
- Degenerative joint disease
- Compression Fracture
- Joint pain
- Lumbar disc disorders of primary and secondary origin