What is Pilates?
Pilates is total body conditioning exercise method combining flexibility and strength from both Eastern and Western cultures.
To develop mind and body uniformity; provide balance, flexibility and strength; to improve posture; and to focus on the powerhouse.
Clinical Pilates is a system of safe and effective exercises which meet your specific individual needs, when tailored by our Physiotherapist. The main aim is to build strength in your deeper layer of abdominal muscles, your deep supportive spinal muscles and your hip/pelvic musculature. All of which improve your core strength, balance and stability. Building a strong core foundation will allow your body to function at a higher capacity, improve your posture and reduce the incidence of pain and injury. Clinical Pilates is the use of Pilates-style exercises, which include many mat exercises, exercise balls, reformers, resistance bands, weights, rolls and many more. It tones body, improves breathing, develops core muscle strength. It provides safe rehabilitation management after injury.
Benefits of pilates
- Restores Natural Balance
- Improve flexibility
- Improves posture
- Increases Physical and Mental Strength
- The body becomes Toned , Sleek and Lean
- One can move more gracefully and easily and can quickly perform many task
- Help prevent bone deterioration
- Stimulates the circulatory system which assists in oxygenating blood ,aiding in lymphatic drainage ,aiding in releasing endorphins
- Boosts immune system
- Assist pre and post natal women in breathing ,body concentration and recovering body shape and tone after pregnancy
- Reduse stress/Fatigue ,discomfort and pain
- Assist in good night’s sleep
- Improves sexual enjoyment
What benefits we provide through Clinical Pilates
- Tones Muscles
- Increases bone density
- Improvement in your mobility
- Improves balance reaction times
- Improves the quality of movement, agility and flexibility
- Prevention of injury
- Helps to resolve spinal pain or limb pain
- Improves core stability and pelvic floor function.